Never done Yoga before?
6 week Beginners Course
UNLIMITED CLASSES FOR $119*
Ready to jump into a class?
14 day New Student Pass
UNLIMITED CLASSES FOR $40
Before you attend your first class all new students are required to fill out the registration form below. This is so we can understand your specific needs and ensure your safety while at the studio.
What you need to know before your first visit to Canberra Yoga Space:
- CYS is on the first floor of the building with stair access only.
- New yoga students need to register at least 10 minutes prior to class. Please be on time.
- Wear something light, comfortable and fitted (not too baggy). Singlets, leggings and normal gym wear will suffice.
- What is important is for you to feel comfortable moving without clothing disrupting your practice.
- Yoga classes are barefoot.
- Kindly leave your socks and shoes in the locker area.
Please note: We require that you wear appropriate clothing. You may be refused entry to any of our classes if you are not appropriately attired. For example, we do not allow transparent (see-through) leggings or pants, or bikinis.
Some basic rules & helpful information
- Kindly switch off or set your mobile phone or device to silent before entering the space, and leave them inside the designated locker area.
- Please bring a small towel to place on your props for hygiene, your teacher will guide you as to how and when to use it.
- In light of the recent Covid-19 Pandemic we recommend you bring your own mat. However, mats and props are provided for at the studio for use. Please clean your mat before and after class with the products provided.
- Hydrate yourself before and after class. Feel free to bring a bottle of water for use during class.
- It is not recommended to have a full meal directly prior to class. Some poses are twists that work on clearing your digestive system. It is not detrimental to have eaten a full meal prior to class, however you may find it affecting your full mobility or level of comfort during practise.
- If you have any history of illness, injury or recent surgery, if you are pregnant or menstruating, or if you have any other medical condition that we need to know about — we ask that you let the instructor know before each class.
- Please consult your doctor or general practitioner beforehand, if you have any concerns about attending class.
- Pace yourself. You can come down to downward dog or forward virasana (child’s pose), at any time. Take rest when you need it.
- Every asana (posture) also has a simpler variation. Speak to the instructor after class, if you needed an easier variation in class, or alternatively let us know through our contact form. It is important for us to know our classes support your needs.
We hope you enjoy your first class with us. See you on the mat!